eye care exercises
The delicate skin around the eyes does not have any sebaceous glands to ensure a natural lubrication. However, it is in constant motion : the eyes blink, smile, open and close thousands of times a day. This is why the skin loses moisture and becomes prematurely wrinkled. What can be done?
Tips for healthy eyes:
- Never rub your eyes !
- When removing make-up, begin with the lower eyelid at the outer corner, moving towards the nose and then over the upper eyelid.
- Use Eye Make-up Remover Lotion, or Gel for stubborn waterproof mascara.
- Moisturize the eye contour with Eye Contour Double Cream before bedtime and Eye Contour Gel in the morning.
- Use a light touch when applying make-up and avoid moving the skin.
- Avoid squinting.
- Avoid screwing up your eyes.
- Wear good sun glasses.
- Treat tired eyes by covering with a cool, moist compress for five minutes.
- Have your vision checked regularly by an optician or an ophthalmologist.
For the under-eye muscles :
Close your eyes and look down without squinting. Relax. Repeat 20 times.
For the upper-eyelid muslces :
Open your eyes wide, without forcing, as long as possible, relaxing your eyebrow muscles. Repeat at least five times.
To prevent sagging and puffiness :
Place the tips of your index and middle fingers between your eyebrows without frowning, then close your eyes and roll upwards. Hold this position for eight seconds while inhaling deeply. Blink and repeat the exercise at least five times.